ALL THREE YEARS SEMESTER PATTERN
Textile wet processing is one of the vital areas of textile technology. Few decades ago, it was popular only in northern India. After the development of Tirupur in knit processing and Erode & Karur in woven fabric processing, a diploma course in textile processing gained importance in this region based on the need for processing technicians.
The curriculum includes preparation, dyeing, printing, finishing and environmental pollution control with special emphasis on Eco – friendly processing. The syllabus is revised every 5 years to update with the latest technological trends catering to the needs of the wet processing industry.
Practicals are being conducted in relevance to industrial atmosphere, enhanced by pilot plant laboratory equipment by way of variety of fibres blends, Preparatory processing, Dyeing, Printing and Finishing technologies are imparted with emphasis on development of practical knowledge.
CURRICULUM OUTLINE L - Scheme 2011 - 2012 batch onwards
|SEMESTER - I & II - Common to All Diploma Courses. For further details see First Year Syllabus
|SEMESTER - III - L - Scheme
- Fibre Science and Technology
- Preparation for Textile Processing
- Dyeing of Natural Fibres
- Fibre and Chemical Analysis Practical
- Preparation for Textile Processing Practical
- Dyeing of Natural Fibres Practical
- Computer Application Practical
|SEMESTER - IV - L - Scheme
- Technology of yarn Manufacture
- Technology of Fabric Manufacture
- Dyeing of Manmade Fibres and Blends
- Technology of Textile Finishing
- Dying of Manmade Fibres and Blends- Practical
- Technology of Textile Finishing- Practical
- Engineering and utilities- Practical
|SEMESTER - V - L - Scheme
- Textile Testing
- Technology of Textile Finishing
- Quality Assurance in Textile Processing
- Eco Friendly Textile Processing
- Technology of Textile Printing - Practical
- Quality Assurance in Textile Processing - Practical
- Communication & Life Skill – Practical
|SEMESTER - VI - L - Scheme
- Textile Management
- Garment Manufacture
- Water, Effluent Treatment & Pollution Control
- Garment Manufacture - Practical
- Shade Matching in Dyeing & Printing - Practical
- Textile Testing - Practical
- Project Work
After successful completion of the diploma course, the students can find bright career openings in reputed processing mills of the growing industrial sectors of Tami Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Northern states. Overseas employment in developing countries like Thailand, Indonesia, Gulf, Philippines, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, African countries, China, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc., which are poised for potential growth in the field of Textiles as preferred centers of Textile Production. Our alumni are occupying key position levels in leading Textile corporate industries, rendering reputed service. Few of the growing lists are Premier Spinning & Weaving Mills, Bombay Rayon Fashions, K.G.Denim, Raymonds, Precot Mills , leading Tirupu / Karur based export firms, internationally reputed testing centres, MNC / leading Indian Dyestuff and chemical manufacturing companies. Scope for further studies is enhanced by lateral entry schemes in B.E/B.TECH programs of Textile related Engineering courses.
The faculty members of the department are well qualified from reputed universities. They have excellent practical exposure and undertake many research works. They have published many articles in the national and international journals and presented technical papers in national level and international level conferences. They have authored textbooks on various topics of the textile processing field which are referred in many institutions all over the country. The department organizes seminars every year in order to facilitate effective Industries – Institute Interaction services.
The department is committed for environmental services, pollution control and new technology developments in waste water treatments and conducts dedicated research projects on a continuity basis, which Includes four patents by the HOD Prof S.Udhayamarthandan. He and A. Edwin Sunder Lecturer (selection grade) are pursuing Ph. D from Anna University.
Prof.S.Udhayamarthandan is also involved in development and dissemination of sustainable technologies, related to Energy, Water, Pollution control, Cleaner Technologies at national and global level.
Achievements, Awards and Rewards
ACCREDITATION - Our Department is accredited by NBA for three years.
1) Our Polytechnic College have got Rs. 19.50 Lakhs sanction from AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) under MODROBS (Modernization and Removal of Obsolescence in Technical Education) scheme for the "Establishment of State of the art dyeing laboratory" in the Department of Textile Processing. Mr. A. Edwin Sunder, Lecturer (S.G) of Department of Textile Processing is the Chief Co - ordinator of this project during 2013 - 2014.
1)3 days National Seminar on textile Wet Processing – 1990.
2)One day National Seminar on Textile Wet Processing – 1991
3)Seminar on Pollution control in Textile Wet Processing 2002 – 2003 with financial aid from A1CTE Seminar grant.
1. Our Students are consistently scoring Top ranks in the Board Examinations every semester / year.
2. Our Students are well encouraged to participate in Seminars, Symposiums and Technical paper Presentation competitions..